Accounting & Finance
- Review journal entries and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
- Work closely with Operations or other departments to understand business transactions and ensure they are processed and accounted for in appropriate categories accurately.
- Review and record Fixed Assets transaction including addition, disposal and transfer in the accounting system according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Identify process improvement opportunities. Provide feedback timely and suggest effective and efficient solutions.
- Advise and maintain appropriate tax records and accruals related to capital expenditures.
- Prepare monthly closing journal entries for depreciation and adjustments to the general ledger.
- Monthly reconciliation and analysis of Asset, Accumulated Depreciation and Capital Clearing ledger accounts.
- Prepare, review and issue Capital Expenditure Reports
- Communicate with store managers regarding fixed asset issues, such as getting tag numbers for new assets.
- Prepare annual depreciation budget for each cost centers.
- Provide outside auditors with fixed asset schedules, explanations and backup information.
- Perform various special projects and analyses, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience in Fixed Assets Accounting.
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheet applications required.
- SAP Fixed Asset and Financial Modules experience required; other major ERP will be considered.