Marketing director is responsible for the organization’s marketing and communications strategies as well as overall branding and image. This is a senior role, reports directly to the CEO, and marketing director is a member of the board. Marketing director develops annual marketing plans, creates a calendar of campaigns and events, sets the marketing budget as well as analyzes the market and competitors.
- Develop a marketing strategy for the organization and for new and existing products or services.
- Oversee the implementation of the integrated marketing communication, public relations, media management, content & digital marketing, branding, event marketing and CRM & Promotion.
- Set and administer an annual marketing budget.
- Guide the day-to-day activities of the marketing team.
- Continually review changes to the market, consumer trends and the activities of competitors, adjusting the marketing plan if necessary.
- Provide tools and materials to enable the sales team to function effectively.
- Manage and measure marketing campaign costs.
- Report on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns using pre-determined KPIs.
- Utilize data for marketing campaigns, interrogating the organization’s databases and external data.
- With other senior executives, identify new business opportunities.
- Conduct market research studies.
- Negotiate with media agencies and secure agreements on the production of promotional materials.
- Lead other projects and campaigns assigned by Board of Directors.
- Proven experience as Marketing Director in Retail or Commerce are preferable.
- Excellent leadership and organizing skills.
- Analytical and creative thinking.
- Exquisite communication and interpersonal skills.
- Up to speed with current and online marketing techniques and best practices.
- Customer-oriented approach with aptitude.
- MBA in business administration, marketing and communications or relevant field.